How to Spring Ahead this Quarter
Welcome back to campus! We’re thrilled that it’s the beginning of a new quarter, and we would love to help you start off on the right track. Check out our top five tips for starting out this quarter right:
- Reflect and set a goal: To move forward, sometimes you have to look back at where you’ve been. Spend some time thinking about how your previous quarters have gone and assess what went well and what could be improved. The goal you set for improving this quarter could be big or small, but having a goal can help your work become more focused and driven.
- Planning: Spend some time the first couple weeks to set a schedule for yourself. Create a weekly schedule to organize your classes, extracurricular activities, homework, meals, and sleep times into manageable chunks. You can also check out our resources on time management.
- Go early, go often: Go to office hours or visit tutoring! Both offer a great way to connect with others in the class and to improve your understanding of the material (even if you’re feeling good about where you are at—sometimes, talking through a concept can help solidify your understanding).
- Stay healthy: Start the quarter off right—make sure you’re getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Balance is key: The weather is getting better, which means spending time outside in the sun and going for walks just got a whole lot more inviting. We know you work hard, but make sure you’re also taking breaks!
Have a great spring quarter!